I want to live smart, don’t you? Smart people see this “C” – but many smart people don’t act on it. God uses His “C Word” – CAREFUL – to give us spiritual vision for useful hindsight, unusual insight and ultimate foresight for living with eyes wide open.
“Be very careful, then, how you live – not as unwise, but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore, do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.” (Ephesians 5:15ff)
A man said, “I wish someone would give me a course on how to live.” God took His pen and wrote in the Bible how we can add years to our life and life to our years. Zoom in on God’s zingers, ringing with truth, and take the “if” out of life. Live carefully and you’ll love your life.
– A careful life with God is an unusual, uncommonly good life! God puts us in charge of our careful or careless thoughts and their consequences – our actions are determined by our current dominant thoughts.
– Careful, wise living defeats unwise living, also known as “stupid” – as in “What was I thinking?”. I’ve had my stupid days, how ’bout you? God is wise every day! Have you read this? “…That they may know the mystery of God, namely Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” There’s treasure! We must dig! Find it.
– Careful living makes the most of our opportunities right up in the face of evil days, nasty people and bad weather. It’s breakthrough! You can get through because God’s not through with you.
– Careful living drives the foolishness out of us! We get clarity to understandGod’s will which explains yesterday, encourages us today and enables us for tomorrow. We really u n d e r s t a n d when we understand the difference between acting out our willfulness and acting on God’s will of fullness – what a difference.
– A careless life can drive us to drink. Drinking drives us to drunkenness. Drunkenness drives us to “debauchery” – living carelessly and out of control, plastered with missed opportunities and unsteady from the evil of the day. The million megawatt speaker from heaven vibrates our ear drums, “Be not drunk with wine!”
– Be filled with the Spirit, the supernatural secret of careful ones! Often careless ones don’t see this – God’s Spirit will not and cannot fill us when we’re full of self-defeating EGO – edging God out. He says get empty in order to be filled. Make room for Christ. Make room for Him and your cup will overflow!
God cares for you. Christ cares. The Spirit cares. But God is not the issue – you and I are. Which are we? Careless or careful? If you’re interested, contact me. I can share as one, who by God’s grace, changed from careless and unfulfilled to careful and fulfilled in Christ.