Welcome, we’re cruising down the alphabet of life according to Christianity. Put it in gear and cruise with us. Today’s letter? M for MAN. That’s man as in mankind, including man and woman – all of us.
In the Genesis of life, God said, “Let us make man in our image…male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:26, 27) Here are some realities that might make you say, “Man, that’s the truth!”.
– God made us male and female. He must have a great sense of…of… humor to make such human beings to live on the same planet – much less in the same house. Yet this marital relationship is still the highest and best human relationship on earth. God has printed His seal of approval upon it and poured His cornucopia of blessings on it. And it’s the only one guaranteeing the continuance of our human race.
– God made man in His image. What a life-altering truth God has revealed – grip it! This particular image – that we’re created by God – defines life as it should be. I’m amazed that some prefer the “evolutionary” image rather than the “Creator” image. I don’t see why some want to monkey around with their own image – to their detriment. It’s most likely true – the evolutionary crowd just doesn’t want to acknowledge God – period. I think of the Scripture, “There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.” (Proverbs 14:12) Seven crowning advantages flow from how God imagizes us from day one:
1) He explains our image, identity and very soul.
2) He grants us intelligence, creativity, emotions, energy,
talents and relationships.
3) He enables us with significance and purpose on the highest level.
4) He prepares us to choose a destiny in heaven and warns of the destruction of hell.
5) He empowers us with hope and security – eternal security.
6) He reveals the world’s single most destructive human problem – sin – and provides the solution in Jesus Christ – forgiveness, cleansing and a new, righteous nature.
7) He energizes us to make a difference – by telling others this amazing reality.
All of the above are provided with magna cum laude GRACE – incarnated, explained and accessible to you and me in the life, words, actions, death, burial, resurrection and imminent return of Christ.
As we travel this alphabetical road today – here’s a spiritual STOP sign – time to ponder our path: “Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come. All this is from God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Christ and given us the ministry of reconciliation.” (2 Corinthians 5:17,18)
Does this describe you, your image? If not, call out to God in prayer, through faith, right now. Your Creator will hear, it will happen – I know. Man, what a difference!
Hey man, God imagized you to love you – He wants you to love Him back.
In Christ, Chuck